The History of Shih Tzu Puppies
November 22, 2018
People always fall in love when they see Shih Tzu puppies for sale and who can blame them?
They are simply adorable, with their smush faces and big eyes! They’re almost comical to look at sometimes. They have a deep history and respect bestowed up them. If you’re interested in learning a bit more, continue reading this historical post about Shih Tzus.
- For at least 2,0000, they’ve been bred as a companion and referred to as the little “lion dog.”
- During the 1920’s, the first pair of Shih Tzu puppies for sale were brought to England. They quickly gained popularity and began to be bred across many continents.
- They were considered royal dogs of sorts, so they are known to occupy laps across the world, but they still need some daily exercising. They certainly enjoy a good walk, but they don’t demand vigorous outdoor activities like some other dog breeds.
- Shih Tzus are known to be barkers so you’ve been warned! What does this mean for you as an owner? It means you’ll have an excellent guard dog who will alert you of visitors, both known and unknown to you.
- Speaking of guard dogs, Shih Tzus used to work alongside the monks where they used to serve as guard dogs.
There are so many wonderful things that can be said about Shih Tzu puppies for sale. What with their unique and royal history and their current reputations for being sweet and funny furry companions, they are favorites in homes across the world.
If you’re looking to own one or more of our Shih Tzu puppies you’ve come to the right place. Take a look at all of our available puppies and then feel free to contact us. We offer advice and will help you select the perfect pup for you and your family.